Sunday, November 23, 2008

Going back in Time

So, this was ages ago, but I fail at updating things, so...

When I got back from my trip, I went and had dinner with my host parents from the last time I was here. It was the most shocking experience of being back here, I think. Almost everything was the same. I felt like I was back in high school. I had to try really hard to remember that I've been gone for 4 years.

One big difference in the neighborhood was the fact that it's about about 20 minutes from the Olympic park. I looked down a street and was surprised to see the Bird's Nest. It shouldn't have been that surprising, but it was just a dug-up lot when I was there last time.

My parents were great, it was really nice to feel like I could actually communicate with them... They showed me pictures my host sister had sent them from Florida.

It was a very nice time... My host dad used me to study English on the drive home..

I should try to see them before I go back to the US.

No comments: